- / MTR
Black Brocade horse-hair fabric is the convergence of luxury and function. Traditionally used in 19th Century period furniture, horde hair fabric has since retained it’s popularity. Horse Hair fabric is composed of a cotton/silk blend on the warp, and horsehair (sourced from the tail) on the weft. Thus the weave typically stands between 60-70cm wide. Because of it’s unique composition, Black Brocade is strong and robust whilst maintaining visually beautiful and delicate with a near-polished finish, granted from the woven horse hair. As a result Black Brocade is suitable for Upholstery of specific furniture, Soft Furnishings, Garments or Fashion Industry and Handbags.
This product is available to Trade only, Contact Us for any information or inquiries.
Width: 60-70cm/ MTR
Suitability: Upholstery for , Soft Furnishings, Garments, Fashion Industry and Handbags.
Pattern: Slightly raised diamonds, Brocade
Composition: Horse Hair Fabric and Cotton/Silk Blend
- $92.40 / UnitUpholstery Webbing – Herringbone Weave Black/WhiteDue to its herringbone weave and cotton composition, this makes it a very strong webbing.Width: 50mm and 33 meters in roll.NOTE: this product is sold per ROLL, not per MTR – $92.40 PER ROLL inc. GST$92.40 / Unit
- $45.50 / Unit$45.50 / UnitStitching Twine – European Flax/Linen WaxedStitching twine is mainly used when doing traditional upholstery such as, stitching horse hair edges and stitching springs. It can also be used for button twine. The flax used to create this twine has been grown in Europe where conditions are optimal to grow long, strong flax fibres. This ensures that the twine has a high breakage point, perfect for pulling and stitching as required in traditional upholstery. Durable and very strong.NOTE:Sold by the BALL not by the METER.Each ball is 250 gms @ $35 Each inc. GST.
- $88.40 / Unit$88.40 / UnitLacing Twine – European Flax/Linen WaxedLacing twine is mainly used in traditional upholstery when lacing springs together to create a solid foundation for your upholstery. This twine has a waxed coating in order ensure extra durability since the twine can rub against the metal springs when they move. This twine is produced in Europe where conditions are optimal to grow long, strong flax fibres. This ensures that the twine has a high breakage point, perfect for lacing as required in traditional upholstery. Durable and very strong.NOTE:Sold by the BALL not by the METER.Each ball is 500/gms.$88.40 Each
- $110.00 / KiloHorsehair – Sold by the KG
Horse hair for padding is for those artisans like saddle makers and upholsters that are familiar with traditional techniques, and have a demand for traditional upholstery, here is something that you can’t go past. “Horsehair” imported from Europe. Nice, clean, and already teased with an excellent spring affect.Ideal for the upholstery of antique furniture or to make new sofas, chairs, seat cushions or mattresses, and hand made saddles.Scroll down to read more about our unique Horse Hair, and click here to read about our upholstery supplies.Note: This product is sold per 20 KG bag $1760.00 inc. GST or $110.00 inc GST PER KGNOT PER MTR.$110.00 / Kilo
- $18.00 /MTRJute ScrimComposition: 100% juteWidth: 130cmJute scrim is a cloth with a much finer weave then hessian that permits a far better and even stitching without creating lumps and irregularities when making a stitch edge.Jute Scrim is a derivative of a plant very well cultivated in India and Bangladesh. We use Jute Scrim in our work, as opposed to hessian, simply because its weave is finer. A regular weave will give a better and smoother edge when stitching horsehair.$18.00 /MTR